Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Product Review: Thomson Posts and Stems


Thomson is probably the single brand I've been using the longest. I won some coupons for their products at the Knoxiecross Race series a few years ago I have had Thomson products on my bikes ever since. First I had an Elite seatpost and stem on a mountain bike. The posts and things have migrated to other bikes and I now don't trust anything else for 'cross. The seatpost's dual bolt system is easy to adjust and never slips, unlike a lot of one-bolt seatposts. The posts and stems have tiny little rings engraved around them for extra friction keep them from slipping. Plus, the Masterpiece posts weigh about the same as carbon but are a lot more reliable. I like the way the stem feels when you pull on the bars and churn out mad watts because the stems are so strong. Their customer service is top notch, too. Early this season I was anxious for a 31.8 Masterpiece post that was running a little behind schedule and called them.  They informed me they were backordered but they sent one overnight to help. It's also nice to buy something made in the USA, as few bikes stuff is today. 





No comments:

Post a Comment