Sunday, December 25, 2011

Euro Racing

I'll try to catch everyone up on the racing over here. This morning Santa brought us all boxers and candy! Today we raced Christmas day on a course out in the fields. Pre-riding the course, I was pretty nervous about the race. The course had three really steep, rutted drops that had us all on our toes. Adding to the ominous air, Lionel broke his frame riding on the road. I don't even know how that happens. We rode some more on the course and then warmed up for about 30 minutes on the trainers. Most of us got called up near the back of the starting grid which was very narrow. We sprinted up the road and got down to business. The first few laps I felt good and passed a lot of people of the slick mud but as the race wore on the thick sod of the course started to really wear me down. I probably should have changed bikes sooner but only one had the mud tubulars so I was trying to stay on that one longer even though it was getting really heavy. With about two laps to go I slowed down a lot and a bunch of people passed me. I ended up getting 27th place and was the last one to finish without getting lapped. Sweet. Nate Morse did really well. Lionel had some more bad luck when he and John Fransisco converged into one line after taking entrances to a drop. Lionel broke his other frame and rode the rest of the race on it without realizing. Changing after the race the embrocation I was using was really hot and hurt a whole lot. Soon we headed back to Izegem to spend the rest of Christmas. Thanks to everyone who has supported me and I will try to post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment